Thursday, January 24, 2013

Owls Bilingual and Spanish Story Time: January 19th and January 24th, 2013

In another post, I relayed how I succumbed to the flu, which *ruined* the opening of the winter/spring session of Spanish and bilingual story time programs at the public library where I work. I had planned to open with an owl-themed program with two owl crafts. When I came back to work, I did the owl program without the crafts. The plans for the story times can be found below.

Bilingual StoryTime Plan:
Theme: Owls
Literacy Skill: Vocabulary

Walk-in song: Have Some Fun Today/Imagination Movers (Eight Feet)


Welcoming comments

Literacy tip: In Spanish, buhó and lechuza are two words that mean owl. We're going to use both words today, and we'll also learn the names of different birds. En español, las palabras buhó y lechuza significan el mismo pájaro. En ingles, buhó y lechuza es un owl. También vamos a aprender los nombres de diferentes tipos de pájaros.

Activity song:  Pimpón/José-Luis Orozco (Diez Deditos) 

Fingerplay: Al Subir una Montaña

1st story: Las Lechucitas/Martin Waddell

Activity song: Percival the Parrot/Hap Palmer (Aprendiendo en Dos Idiomas)

Fingerplay: Two Little Dickie Birds

2nd story: Over in the Meadow/Jane Cabrera

Standing fingerplay: Lunita

3-D story: ¡Buenas Noches, Buhó! (Goodnight, Owl!)/Pat Hutchins *flannelboard

 4th story: Can You Cuddle Like a Koala?/John Butler

Instrument song: Vals del Trompo/Francisco Gabilondo Soler (Homenaje a Cri-Cri) *with scarves

Stamp hands and bubbles

Hand stamp song: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star/Raffi (One Light, One Sun)

Hora de Cuentos Plan:
Theme: Owls
Literacy Skill: Vocabulary

Walk-in song: La Fiesta/Tatiana (Serie Millennium, disc 1)


Welcoming comments

Literacy tip:  En español,  buhó y lechuza significan el mismo pájaro. Hoy vamos a usar las dos palabras. También vamos a aprender los nombres de diferentes tipos de pájaros.

Activity song:  Pimpón/José-Luis Orozco (Diez Deditos) 

Fingerplay: Al Subir una Montaña

1st story: Las Lechucitas/Martin Waddell

Activity song: Lorenzo el Loro/Hap Palmer (Aprendiendo en Dos Idiomas)

Fingerplay: Dos Pájaritos

2nd story: Alla en la Pradera/Olive A. Wadsworth

Standing fingerplay: Lunita

3-D story: ¡Buenas Noches, Buhó! (Goodnight, Owl!)/Pat Hutchins *flannelboard

4th story: Pájaros/Diane James and Sarah Lynn

Instrument song: Vals del Trompo/Francisco Gabilondo Soler (Homenaje a Cri-Cri) *with scarves

Stamp hands and bubbles

Hand stamp song: Minuet de los Pájaros/Francisco Gabilondo Soler (100 Años Cri-Cri, disc 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment